We’re a specialty practice dedicated to enhancing counselor effectiveness.
Our mission is to offer high-quality, effective guidance and support to counselors that will empower them to provide ethical, evidence-based counseling to adults, children, and families in a variety of treatment settings. We believe that professional development is an on-going comprehensive process that includes supervision, consultation, and continuing education.
What Distinguishes Us?
- Each of us has:
- experience as a clinician and counselor educator
- doctoral level training in supervision.
- We recognize you as an individual with unique skills, strengths and experience.
- To maximize professional growth, we use a developmental integrated approach to post-graduate training.
- We provide supervision for obtaining licensure as a Professional Counselor and/or a Registered Play Therapist.
We provide supervision services to individual counselors and contract with non-profit agencies and private practices to help their counselors develop clinical skills and ethical decision-making.
Our approach is integrative, and, since we believe that change is connected to values, we use the Process Model of consultation.
This model helps you understand how goals, strategies, resources, communication, and relationships interact to create interventions that fit the dynamics of each situation and serves as the catalyst for change.
We do not employ the Expert Model, which is premised on evaluation and creating change based on current trends in the field.
We offer workshops on many topics:
- state of the art counseling theory and interventions
- mental health law and ethics, and
- counselor supervision
Our workshops meet the Continuing Education requirements of:
- LPCA of GA,
- the National Board of Certified Counselors,
- the American Psychological Association, and
- the National Association of Social Workers.
Our workshop facilitators are experts in their fields and, most importantly, each workshop is designed to energize participants to embrace new interactive approaches to improve client care.